Sunday, December 27, 2020

two cuddly doggies

On the second day of Beermas I went and bought for me

Two dogs in costume

And a lone eagle flying free 


And right away I have to make some twists to labels and lyrics: turtle doves are supposed to be snuggly love-birds, dogs like to snuggle with you, it's a flying dog on the bottle, there!  OK, so it's just one dog, but you can't have everything.  Flying Dog is good bet for a good beer at least.  I'll get something out of Doggy Style for sure.

For a pale ale it's awfully colorful.  Deep gold, off-white head, light and mandarinish aroma, it's a damn appetizing beer.  The flavor isn't as tropical as a lot of craft ales, although there is a little orange to it.  It's more like more traditional IPAs with just a touch of new hops.  There's also a dusty quality to the texture, which is a little strange.  It's pretty clear, not an unfiltered beer that I'm aware of.  It grows in sweetness although maintains a clean feeling, so I would call it a good all-rounder.  Not lacking in flavor on its own, and not so wild that food would ruin it, that's good for the beginning of a long line of beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment