Sunday, December 20, 2020

Door #20

While browsing stouts I happened to see an offering from Península, which made me think of how lucky I am to have so many local and regional breweries makin' the good shit.  If we had had a pandemic 10 years ago I think I wouldn't have fared as well.  The man in the shop really talked up Glotona; it's a maple syrup infused stout, with cinnamon and cookie flavors, mild but flavorful, good for drinking hot or cold, even for cooking with.  I wonder about cooking with some of these special beers, I think I might kill off their presence.  I better cook than me would know how to highlight them instead, I imagine.

Blacker than yesterdays', a little more head, with a dark beige hue.  It's almost like the Moose Moss or whatever stout I had a couple of years ago, that was absolutely divine.  There's a wafting maple syrup whiff that comes up from the glass, but not as much spice as Oso's stout.  The syrup is really lying in wait for the sip, though, easily flattening any other ingredient.  It's not exceptionally heavy, though, a sweet but easily sipped drink.  It's not the wallop that the other one was, but Glotona is quite a nice stout, and with just that touch of sweetness rather than a whole barrelful.

Things still on the way, stockings to be stuffed.

No comments:

Post a Comment