Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Door #15

"The Doom Series" - that's how you start a week!  And Russian Imperial Stout?  That's how you offer me a beer!  This is Laugar's Funeralopolis.  I'm not sure what deep and dark has to do with psychedelic.  Maybe this?  Or this?

While the beer has that dark and magical color, and even looks a little like it has some extra heft to it, I can't get much foam to come out on top.  Oh well.  The aroma is delicate, with notes of chocolate, but not much coffee, earth or smoke.  I'm disappointed at the amount of licorice in this flavor.  I was hoping for a little chocolate, or even latte, but it's licorice immediately and that sticks around.  The beer feels a little heavier than most too, maybe with some melted licorice in it.  It starts to develop a more complex flavor, with some almost cinnamon notes coming out, although I still can't get over the licorice in the beginning.

It seems nobody has the flu this year.  Guess that's what happens when everybody washes their hands and does as much through a screen as possible.  Maybe we can all drink together through our screens.

No comments:

Post a Comment