Sunday, December 6, 2020

Door #6

It would have been nice to have a chocolate stout or something for the day, but I don't care much about religious celebrations anyway so I guess I have no room to complain.  I do have an Irish beer, so there's that cultural connection to saints' days.  I don't think O'Hara's Irish Red has anything directly to do with St. Nicolas, though.

It's one of those nice ruddy Irish reds, not like some recent "red" ales I've seen.  Slightly dirty head, mostly disappears, but leaves a light foam on top.  At first I got a very strong caramel aroma, but it quickly vanished too, leaving hardly anything behind, not even a low bitter or graininess.  There is a strong amount of grain in the flavor, sort of wrapped around the bitter foundation.  It's not much of a lone drink for me, being a little harsh by itself and without a lot of layers of flavor to sift through.  It's a fairly standard beery beer though.  The best thing about it is its appropriately festive color.

Things are getting into shape, let's just hope they can be displayed like they deserve to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment