Friday, December 18, 2020

Door #18

We seem to be at sort of an equilibrium with the virus of the year.  That still means hand sanitizer and masks in public, but maybe we'll develop a new normal after all.  Got some places to visit for Beermas acquisitions.  It was on a Beermas jaunt that I picked up a Calenbeer, actually, since I couldn't think of how to fit Wychwood's Ginger Beard ginger beer into the song.  I was at Más Que Cervezas, and the people there were doing their best to help me find what I needed, as they always do, but Beermas is a little tricky.  Moreso, in a foreign language.  I guess that's all up to me, but Calenbeers don't have a lot of prerequisites.

It is definitely a beer rather than a ginger ale, what with the dark golden color and slight head.  It has an interesting aroma, with a clear smell of ginger and also that sugary hint that comes with ginger ale, and other sodas.  The taste is kind of a battle between the beer part, with a little lagery bittersweet and grain, and the ginger sugar soda.  It's something like a beer based cocktail, one that would probably come with a candy cane as a novelty stirrer.

Looking at some unorganized days coming up.  Really ought to organize myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment