Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Door #22

Oh, what kind of treat are we waiting for?  There are so many sour and fruity beers at the moment, with a lot of fans, but it's not what I tend to look for.  Every once in a while it is a nice change, though.  Beer Hut Brewing has a special looking sour, although I might think it's more of a summer time kind of beer.  

I was expecting Strawberry Daiquiri to have more of a ruddy look to it, but it looks very much like a lot of sours; light yellow, somewhat cloudy, very foamy.  There is a little bit of snap in the aroma,also a grinding bitter underneath.  It's just what you think from a sour.  There is some strawberry in the flavor, although not a whole lot.  It's pleasantly bitter-sour.  I'm trying to find a wintery connection, but it's not an especially heavy or thick kind of beer.  At the same time, it's substantial, as much or even more than a lot of sours.  This style of beer is not as easy for me to just down like others, I do tend to get sort of a knot in my throat.  I don't know if it's the style of beer or if it has something to do with the flavors, since it's not a simple case of beer taste.  It gives me an odd sensation of both fullness and hunger for more.  Take that as you will.  I just wish I had this beer for, like, July.

Organization coming soon, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment