Wednesday, December 26, 2018

faster than a turtle (dove)

On the second day of Beermas I picked out for me
A bird that's not a pigeon
And a flamingo with mangoes and beets
Well, for some reason I thought I might feel like an ale early in my Beermas.  That was before I had gone through that calendar.  Anyway, Bailandera is an alright brew, there's been success before, so I probably shouldn't be worried.  It's a session ale, so pretty light all around.  Looking at the label now, maybe I could have used it for ladies dancing, since the woman seems to be having quite the time in her wheat field.
Oh, what have I gotten myself into, allowing ales into my Beermas?  After all that in Advent...It looks very much like some of those pilsners, in spite of not being filtered.  I guess it is a little bit cloudy.  Head behaves about the same way too.  Sunnier scent, though, a little citrusy tang to it.  Light and citrusy taste at first, but it quickly dives down into a breadier bitter feeling and finishes rather sour.  In spite of the lightness in appearance and first impression of flavor, there is a definite body behind the beer, rounding out the feeling in the mouth.  I don't know if I'd have two of these in one sitting, but it does give you a little to think about.

Supplier: Cerevisia
Price: €3

No comments:

Post a Comment