Monday, December 24, 2018

Dec. 24 - Apostel Bräu

It's the end of my calendar!  All things must end, I suppose.  Tomorrow starts Beermas, however, and so we are reminded that every end is also a beginning.  The Apostel Bräu appears promising, as those more religiously themed beers tend to have some weight behind them.  Must be something about monastery life that makes people feel the need for powerful liquids.  Oddly, the can on one side has the normal "Gebraut nach den deutschen Reinheitsgebot" while the other side warns of the dangers of excess alcohol to health.  In Spanish, no less.
So, for the finale I get another transparent vaguely yellow brew.  It's so...unimpressive to behold.  The head is fairly resistant, takes a while to fizz away.  Not much aroma, just a hint of grain.  It's kind of a suggestion of beer.  The first taste is smooth and somewhat heavy, much more than the color would have you expect.  It's not exactly sour, but definitely not sweet.  The aftertaste lays down a little bitter at the back of the tongue.  It's not bad, I guess.  I feel like the Christmas Eve beer should have been more wintery, or at least a black beer, but you get what you get sometimes.  And starting tomorrow I get what I want to get, within certain limitations.  Nah, I get what I want to get, I make the rules for Beermas!

No comments:

Post a Comment