Sunday, December 16, 2018

Dec. 16 - Eichbaum Landbier

Well, this is a more lively can, with the mustard yellow tractor in the wheat field.  The other landbier was pretty good, so I'm feeling hopeful.  Yet again, it's an Eichbaum product, promising enjoyment in the shade of the oak.
Very foamy and extremely light colored.  I'm a little disappointed in that.  Also barely detectable smell, I think if I didn't know it was beer I wouldn't guess.  Much more flavorful than the aroma would suggest, heavy on the sweet.  It starts out just mild, like a sweeter lager, but builds quickly into a honey flavor that sits for just a moment between the tongue and palate.  As you might imagine from the ghostly color, it is a very clean drink, little to no aftertaste, zipping right down the gullet.  Like so many of these light beers it isn't bad, but it's not what I would prefer in the winter.  They would be much more refreshing and enjoyable in the summer months.  Maybe this calendar was meant to go to Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment