Saturday, December 1, 2018

Dec. 1 - Tuborg

"Drink and fun for everyone"?
So I have a German beer Advent calendar, and what is in the first box?  Tuborg.  Danish beer.  It is actually brewed under license in Germany though, so I guess that makes it alright.  I think I had some Tuborg in Copenhagen a few years ago.  I remember a kind of heavy, sweetish beer, good for seasonal sipping.  Let's see if the Advent can lives up to the memories.
It's a clear, light yellow pilsner, with a fluffy white head.  The very light aroma has a touch of toast and bitterness.  The flavor is hardly bitter at all, more mealy and slightly grainy.  It's a smooth tasting beer, but with a little ball of sweetness that builds up in the back of the mouth.  There's also some sour aftertaste, but everything stays at a low, mild level.  I think the Tuborg I had in Copenhagen wasn't the pilsner, hence the discrepancy in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment