Friday, December 7, 2018

Dec. 7 - Blreor Schwarzbier

Finally, it's time for the dark side!  What we have today is a dark beer, or "black" as the can insists, so I might find something to connect with here.  The name is ... odd: Blreor.  I do not know where it comes from.  That's one nice thing about many craft beers, the tendency to tell stories on the labels.  There more industrial beers just don't have time for anything so folksy.
This does look like the German dunkles I remember, a nice dark brown and somewhat off-white head.  The head fizzles out pretty fast, though.  I do not get much aroma, maybe just a hint of sugar.  The taste starts sweet, blends into a sort of sour, and ends sweetly again.  It's a delicate flavor, but the beer itself feels heavier than the previous ones, a bit more body.  A little sticky too, even when cold.  More or less what I was drinking quite often in Vienna, at least as I recall.  Probably a bit lighter in flavor.  (Sigh)  That's where my Advent is going, it seems.  I guess it's just the first week, so maybe a big finish?

No comments:

Post a Comment