Tuesday, December 25, 2018

bigger than a partridge

On the first day of beermas I picked out for me
A flamingo with mangoes and beets
It's finally arrived after weeks of piddly light beers, Beermas!  Now I get to make the decisions, so there's a little more probability of my preferred styles.  Also, some new stuff.  For the first day I decided on Brewski Flamingo, a Berliner weiss with mango and beetroot, so I got the fruit and the bird in there.  Not a partridge or a pear, but what do you want from me?  As far as I know nobody's actually making beers to go with the song specifically.  We have to be a little creative.  And flexible.
This really looks like sparkling grapefruit drink.  The head barely stays for a second.  It smells a little winey, fitting for a fruity beer.  I'm expecting a wine or lambic taste too, but that's not quite what I get.  There's a sour fruit part for sure, but it's dry and earthy as well.  There's a little melony sweet towards the bottom of the taste.  It tastes...healthy.  Like this should be some fruity energy drink that isn't sugary enough to cause problems, but has enough sweetness to be palatable.  The label almost exhorts the drinker to be unique and forceful about it, a sure way to not make friends at Christmas.  Better to just quietly drink your beet beer and let everybody think what they want.

Supplier: La Buena Pinta
Price: €4.90

No comments:

Post a Comment