Thursday, August 12, 2021

water!

It might be a good idea to stock up on some beers, just in case there are store vacations.  In fact, I just found out Birra Y Paz and Cervecissimus will be having some days off this month.  I rolled down to the former to see what I could find to keep the whistle wet, and they were having a small sale to empty the fridges as much as possible.  6 cans of IPA for a total of €30.30.  It's a small discount, but it is something.  The one before me now is Nib Brewing's Virgin Waters, an American IPA specifically.  I do like Nib, they might be my favorite of Madrid's gypsy brewers, by association I suppose.

It's a darker shade of gold, but still translucent, with a clean white head that puffs up on pouring but dies down fast.  While there's a little citrus in the aroma, it's more pine and bitter spices.  Caraway, maybe.  The feeling is like a dissolved jello, smooth and very drinkable, although it does weigh down the tongue a little bit.  The flavor is also somewhat piney with a more citrusy aftertaste.  It's not quite as bright and happy as hOptical, for instance, but it's a solid IPA.  For those who long for something a little more traditional it might be a good choice.

Supplier: Birra Y Paz

Price: €6.15

No comments:

Post a Comment