Thursday, August 26, 2021

surprise! letdown!

At first I thought the little fruit decorated cans were cider, they are next to bottles of cider after all, but looking closer I see they are hard seltzer.  So something fizzy, that's fine.  It's a fermented sugar cane drink, so also something sweet.  I don't know if that means it will build up and get heavy like layers and layers of cotton candy, but it's worth a shot.  "No Bad Days" you say, Glowy?  Maybe you can give me a good evening too.

I'm surprised by color once again, or rather lack of color.  This looks like regular 7-Up if anything.  The smell is...interesting, with a touch of fruit but also a good puff of sulphur.  Is seltzer supposed to have sulphur, from mineral water or something?  The flavor is also unusual, really meaty, like roasted chicken.  I am not getting any grapefruit or mandarin from this at all, really hardly anything fruity at all.  I don't know if I'll get used to this chicken in a glass or if it will be unpleasant to the end, but I'll try to finish it for the sake of experience.  I can drink it down without suffering the smell or taste, but eventually I have to breathe and then it pops up all bright and shiny in my nose.  It doesn't ever get better, although I guess I get a little used to it after a while.  But in my opinion it really is...fowl.  Yeah, sorry.

Supplier: La Cervecista

Price: €2

No comments:

Post a Comment