Tuesday, August 24, 2021

for the luau

Two days in a row without a stout by choice?  Sometimes things happen.  Rest assured there is one waiting, but while it isn't raining I might partake of snappier things.  I poked around Cerevisia for some fruit sour besides the hoppy IPA and came across Lovin' Fruit Berliner Weisse, something I have not seen from Guineu before.  It has 0 IBU, so practically the opposite of Aker, in theory.  A weisse should be more sour than bitter anyway, so it ought to work out.

I'm mildly shocked by the dark, rusty color.  I was definitely expecting something with a more golden hue.  The head dies back pretty quickly but there is a tiny cap left.  The aroma is deeply fruity, with apple and peach being the most obvious to me, although it's probably my imagination since neither of those are listed as ingredients.  The flavor is cidery, again a lot of apple, but there's a sort of soft banana that comes out towards the end of the sip.  There isn't much bitter, or even sweet here, it earns its sour label with honors.  It's not a candy sour either, it's something natural and kind, like good fruit themselves.

Supplier: Cerevisia

Price: €5.70

No comments:

Post a Comment