Tuesday, August 10, 2021

outta sight

While picking out my Sibeeria, I was told about another Slavic acquisition: Pinta of Poland.  The chosen one was Planet Bru-1™, the Pinta of the Month for this past July.  I had a dilemma choosing it, since I feel like I have a small obligation to support local business and Oso Brew had a really nice looking beer also on the shelf, but in the end I thought I might visit La Osita soon and who knows when I'll ever visit Poland.  Pinta it is.  A nice DDH Session IPA to wet your whistle on an unpleasantly warm day.

The appearance is a lot like an unfiltered witbier, with a pale straw color and cloudiness.  Head is white, fizzy looking, just capping the beer in the glass.  The scent is spicy and perky, with a good amount of hop bitter.  The flavor follows closely on the aroma, with a touch of citrus for good measure.  It feels a little dusty, like there is some extra substance floating around.  It gets even lighter with time and warming, ending up like a watered down orange juice, or one of those orange "nectars" that come in a box.  That might sound like a criticism, but it's a really nice beer for the weather, going down like a cloud without a hint of weightiness.  Despite that, it's no lightweight in terms of alcohol, being a nearly 6% IPA.  The session part must be relative.

Supplier: Más Que Cervezas

Price: €4.75

No comments:

Post a Comment