Tuesday, August 17, 2021

loud and clear

I'm down to the little cans in the pack now, but I can imagine they are just as enjoyable as those big ol' Osos.  Oh yeah, done with Oso Brewing for now too.  Today it's Caravelle.  Still national, but less local being in Barcelona.  This is Violent Mumble, a West Coast IPA, which I hope won't knock me out to the point of mumbling violently with no clear ideas.  It's only 6.5%, so probably not.  I had a good lunch and everything.

What's that you say?

Ah, yes, of course

I was expecting the West Coast IPA to be a little clearer, but this one is also on the cloudy side.  Not nearly as much as some of the other recent ales, and a somewhat darker color too.  Nice white head, though, and a more cleansing kind of smell, very piney.  And I do mean cleansing in a good way, not that I feel like I'm about to have some floor cleaner.  The taste blends the pine with a touch of citrus and grain, giving a rounded sort of flavor that rolls through the mouth and down the throat at a leisurely pace.  I'm getting a tiny bit of toasty aftertaste, interestingly enough.  Again, it's a thoroughly refreshing beer, with a very moderate kind of bitter, nothing to overload the senses.  It's not particularly sweet, having more of a resinous, woody quality.  Kind of tastes like you might imagine the west coast woods to taste like, in fact.  Hey, even the fires get in there with that whisper of toast in the end!  So timely Caravelle, so much awareness.

Seems quite peaceful, actually

Supplier: Birra Y Paz

Price: €4.20

No comments:

Post a Comment