Saturday, June 25, 2016

not quite out west

It's kind of cute how Europeans are so fascinated with Native Americans.  They seem to have bought into our whole early 20th century mythology of the Noble Savage etc.  If I was of native descent, I might not see it so innocently, although I might not be bothered at all either.  It's a dangerous game, deciding how other people should feel for them.  Anyway, a good IPA is always welcome in the summer, so I can't pass up the opportunity to try this Apache stuff.  I have my doubts as to whether the Apaches built totem poles, but...well, ok.
Wild soul you say?
It has a slightly sweet smell, bubbly white head and dusky orange color.  There's a soft and subtle bitterness in the taste, just a touch dry, vaguely orangey.  A good beginning for an evening ale.  It smells a little fruitier as it warms, although the taste stays mild.  It's a good conversation beer, not very demanding, but certainly refreshing.  I expected something a little more powerful from the label, but it's just fine to relax with, waiting for evening temperatures to go to something more bearable.

Supplier: Cervecissimus
Price: €3.45

No comments:

Post a Comment