Tuesday, June 7, 2016

jus' some little fishies

So the place I wanted to go to on Monday was open on Tuesday.  Better late than never, so they say.  I was surprised by the indoor seating at La Piraña, expecting it to be much smaller than it is.  It is a little bit noisy, though, with a lot of hard, flat surfaces.  The six taps tend towards northern exotic, although Nómada is there, and I ended up with Mikkeller Crooked Moon Tattoo, an IPA.  With that name I almost wish it wasn't on tap.
For some reason I was expecting more blue.
It's cloudy orange with a strong citrus smell and creamy head.  The taste is sour/bitter and orangey right away, a good pick-me-up flavor at the end of an excessively sunny pre-summer day.  It reminds me of a thin Orange Julius, but more to my liking.  It's lighter than other beers I've recently had, with less stickiness after swallowing, it just washes down cleanly.  I do find that it gets sweeter after some time, with the bitterness fading to a slight aftertaste.

Supplier: La Piraña
Price: €6.50/pint

No comments:

Post a Comment