Wednesday, June 8, 2016

all holed up

The problem with small places is that sometimes they're full.  The good thing about summer is that everybody wants to be in the street and not in small places.  I had the place to myself at Vergüenza Ajena tonight, I could even have lounged around the window seat.  But I behaved myself and just had my beer.
I'm surprised I haven't picked this one up before; the label looks like something that would get my attention.  This bar only has one tap, but a good number of craft beers in bottles are for the taking.  It seems like you can't go wrong with ales this time of year, so here's another one!  I was warned that it was bitter, but that's not really a concern of mine anymore.
Eh, you can read that
Devil's IPA is pleasantly bitter, and not citrusy in taste like many IPAs are, although there is just a bit of orange in the scent.  It's mostly hops, though.  The beer is a nice dark tan and pours very foamy.  It also hits you with the hops in the taste, nothing too extravagant, just a simple bitter, biting beer.  It goes very well with the chips, balancing out the salty taste with a smooth bitter one.  It's also a very clean tasting beer, cleaning out the mouth and leaving little behind when swallowed.

Supplier: Vergüenza Ajena
Price: €4

No comments:

Post a Comment