Saturday, June 18, 2016

from old times to new

It seems like it's been a while since I've had a Domus beer.  They're a good brand, I can't remember being disappointed.  And what do I see on the shelves but a triple stout!  Irresistible!  It seems Boris Brew is involved as well, but they're certainly not shoddy when it comes to cooking up interesting beers.  I'm not sure if the nymph on the label is meant to distract us from the darkness of the beer with her allusion to bright and sunny nature, or if she's supposed to connect the color of stout with the black shade of the primeval forest.  Whichever, Ninfa is on the table.
It has a rich, chocolatey smell, and pours out thick.  If the beer itself is dark chocolate, the head is probably milk chocolate, at least.  At first taste, I latch onto the sweetness and expected flavor of dark chocolate, but it gets pulled into a tide of smoky bitterness soon enough.  Interestingly, the aftertaste brings the chocolate back in a mild, subtle way.  It's a birthday cake of a beer, a Valentine's box beer, one that deserves to be savored in individual contemplation.  I guess you could drink with friends too.  But only if you talk about the beer.
At first I thought she had tats, but it's just vine accessories.  I might need more tats, you know, to discourage the morons.



Supplier: Cervecissimus
Price: €3.20

No comments:

Post a Comment