Saturday, June 4, 2016

another one for me!

Sometimes the label just matches up perfectly.  I've been an arrogant bastard, sure, but now I can embrace my snob too.  Also, it's a porter, falling right in line with my beer preferences.  La Gata Negra capitalizes on the nickname for inhabitants of the city, maybe trying to provoke a little local pride.  It's not actually brewed in the city though, just nearby.  Well, it's a globalized world.  What are you gonna do?  I guess we should be glad we get products made in the same country anymore.  As I was saying, the snob in Snob Porter is the "touch of gin-soaked vanilla", winking at another recent fad in drinking establishments.
Like a still from a Halloween cartoon
It has a similar smell to the stout from last night, with that sweetness on top of a bitter chocolate.  The promising dark color is about the same, but the head is lighter and fluffier.  The taste isn't quite as tart as some porters, but there is some fruit lurking about.  I detect apple, although the special additives are said to be vanilla and gin.  For a dark beer, it's very light drinking, something that goes well with warm nights and stimulating conversation.  You know, for snobs.


Supplier: La Buena Pinta
Price: ~€2.70

No comments:

Post a Comment