Sunday, December 26, 2021

turtle lovey dovies!

On the second day of Beermas I went and bought for me

Two love ya dearlies

And the simplest answer there could be 

Day two and I've had to forge some connections.  Brewdog's Elvis Juice - a singer with a lot of love songs, for lovers to nuzzle to, cooing like doves.  There, turtle doves referenced. 

A little darker colored than "standard" and exceptional head.  The foam isn't quite as white as some might prefer for a perfect beer, but it goes well with the hue of the liquid.  There's a snappy, saucy grapefruit tingle in the aroma, overwhelming anything else that might be there.  The taste is bitter, very strongly bitter, with barely any fruit at all.  If I didn't know about the grapefruit I would say that I was just hallucinating the smell.  After the first sip the grapefruit rises from the deep, with a little citrus sour cutting the bitter.  It develops a heaviness and a stickiness along with a mellowing of the flavors.  Sounds a lot like love, in fact.



No comments:

Post a Comment