Tuesday, December 7, 2021

but not the last drink

Here's another IPA, but a NEIPA!  I won't complain about that.  It's La Pirata's Last Run, with an interesting character on the can.   

The very full can almost sends up a little geyser, but I think I managed to save pretty much every drop.  There's an Orange Julius kind of scent that wafts off the liquid gold inside, with a little extra sweetness kick in there.  The beer is a bit cloudy and very light colored, much like a mixed drink with orange juice.  It's shockingly unsweet in taste, with a pretty good wallop of bitter, and a cool cucumber chaser.  There's even a little salt swimming around in there.  I have had some NEIPAs that go a little too far on the bitter and citrus, and I do have a preference for the juicier ones, but this sea water orange has a very refreshing effect.  It's pretty light in the mouth, not much of a winter beer in my opinion, but it's not bad at all.  Something to keep in mind for warmer days.



No comments:

Post a Comment