Wednesday, December 15, 2021

not trapped at all

I'm sure I've seen this label floating around the beer shelves, but I'm not sure if I've actually picked it up.  I might not have, since it's gluten free, and I feel like I shouldn't snap those up when I have no problem with gluten at all.  The gluten free selection seems to have gotten bigger in the last few years, and it's mostly national beers that populate it, La Pirata in this case.  The label looks like a nice fall scene, actually, so the fact that it's another APA might be forgiven.  I'm expecting something nice and snappy from Súria. 

It's a very pale beer, with scanty bubbles sprinkled over the top.  It's not strongly aromatic, but there's a whiff of almond or walnut about it.  It's not especially hoppy in smell, but you know that they must be there somewhere.  The taste has more bitter to it, and a touch of nuttiness as well.  As befitting the color, it has a light feeling in the mouth, very easy to drink.  It's a pleasantly autumnal flavor with the walnut/almond, much like the chestnut beers that come out around this time.  Actually, now I'm surprised there haven't been any chestnut beers in the box.  Well, still a few days to go.  The nutty flavor falls away after a few minutes leaving something more cucumbery, a fresher earlier-in-the-year sensation.



No comments:

Post a Comment