Thursday, December 16, 2021

in the winter sun

I don't tend to think of Berliner wiesse as a cold weather beer, much more for the summer months (see this August, in fact).  Here it is, though, Guineu's Lovin' Fruit.   

Dark orange and icy-looking, it makes me think of a frothy iced tea.  Especially those with a little fruit in them, since there's a mandariny scent that puffs up from it.  The taste is juicy and rich, although I wouldn't call it sweet even with the fruit essence.  I actually think that makes it more appropriate for the cold weather, a sweet fruity drink would be too summery probably.  The delicate balance of sour fruits and weisse beer feels a little warmer, kinder to the stomach in the near-winter.  As I've heard recently, pineapple has a certain link to the end of year holidays, and it whispers out of the beer quietly, one of the Christmas ghosts.  Which one, I wouldn't know.  Maybe past, since future doesn't actually whisper and Marley only brings warnings, not fuzzy memories.



No comments:

Post a Comment