Saturday, December 4, 2021

the roads we take

I have had La Pirata's Viakrucis before, around this time of year in fact, although for Beermas rather than ... Adbeernt?  Doesn't quite work, oh well.  Viakrucis was a pretty nice beer, as I recall, nothing unusual from La Pirata.  I'm a little worried about the integrity of my beer calendar.  Nothing seems broken, there are no leaks anywhere, but somehow the bottles have shifted backwards in their little cubbies and piled up at the back of the box.  I've been able to pull these first ones out no problem, though, so I hope it's a minor problem at most. 

It's immediately fragrant, an whole orchard wafts out in seconds.  It's very sunny and bright in the glass, a perfectly golden color with the clean white head you'd hope to see on a good ale.  It's not as sweet as I was expecting, which is about the same as the last time.  I think there's a little more sweetness in this version, I almost get a sense of vanilla in it.  While there are high notes driving a snappy, exciting taste, there's a mellowness that gives the beer a year-round sort of feel.  It's undeniably summery, but somehow I've only come across it well on the way to winter.  It's another sparkly, happy drink, one that you would enjoy at a holiday party, and perhaps ponder the nature of your reality inspired by the name.



No comments:

Post a Comment