Friday, December 30, 2022

T(welve)-6

On the sixth day of Beermas I went and bought for me
Six plans a-hatching
Five collaborations
Four miles of nowhere
Three tropical tree eggs
Two staring wings
And an icy raven looking needy

This was one of the bird suggestions, grabbing at straws a little bit.  It is a bird, for sure, not one that's in the song I think, but maybe I can make do...in fact, I'm sure I can make do.  Look at that face!  That bird has a plan.  We might even say he's hatching something.  A plan like an egg, right?  Right?  It's not that much of a stretch!  This might be the first can of Cosa Nostra I've picked up, although I remember them from the Vallecas beer fair.  Then it was a porter, and now it's a Double Hazy IPA, a little backwards some might think.  But, Brufol might have some tricks up its feathery sleeve.

Extra juicy looking, with very fine bubbled head, very much like a fresh-squeezed orange juice.  Similar aroma, maybe a little bit lighter.  The feel is also very juicy, thick and mouth-filling.  It feels like it wants to get to sweet, but can't quite make it out of bitter, although it isn't fair to call it a bitter beer either.  It's weighty and pleasant to drink, without disappearing into the ether, but there's no over-reliance on acidity or citrus, so it's really well balanced.  I'm hoping the plan was to make a perfectly drinkable hazy because that's what was achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment