Tuesday, December 20, 2022

mysterious

Alright then, let's have another pale ale, or more precisely, RIPA.  I guess that isn't a real repeat for this calendar.  The label looks so familiar, I have the sensation that I have done Jack the RIPA before, but it doesn't come up.  Maybe I only thought about it in the store and then grabbed a stout instead.  Anyway, it is Guineu, so trustworthy brewers, and it's a dark idea even if the beer is on the lighter side.  I could have chosen it for a Hallowe'en special.

It's darker orange than plenty of normal IPAs, a little more along the lines of an imperial.  There's a very bouncy citrus aroma from this one.  As for taste, it's extra bitter rather than extra orangey, but it's that pleasant IPA style.  It's a deep, rounded bottom kind of flavor, making me think of grapefruit without the actual taste of it.  After it settles down a little there is more citrus on the tongue, but the overall effect is still very bitter-hoppy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment