Friday, December 2, 2022

back on track

Although Boira was tasty, my feathers are a little ruffled to have been given a non-alcoholic beer in a super special beer calendar. Maybe Day 2 will make it up to me.  It's Guineu again, this time working with Espiga, so another trustworthy team.  I do think I like what I see, too.  Not named, apparently, but an English Brown Ale, at 6%, a respectable number to even out yesterday. 

It gives a weird little eruption but doesn't overflow - I might be keeping the cans too cold.  There's plenty of bubble to the beer, giving a very fluffy head, although it does melt away shortly.  It's a nice dark brown color, not quite at the level of a good stout, but almost.  There's a stout-reminiscent smoke in the aroma, tinged with nuttiness, so I think we are looking at a good winter beer even if that isn't its official title.  The taste is subtle, giving just a hint of toast at first, and slowly melting into a light malt.  The beer feels heavier when it's holding back its flavor, interestingly enough, and when the sweetness and campfire roastiness comes through it seems much lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment