Thursday, December 15, 2022

a call-back

There are plenty of breweries on the box and I think they all make plenty of beers.  But, it isn't too surprising to find a couple that I already know in there, if they were quality products.  La Quince does pretty reliable when it comes to that, and I have in fact had their Llipa! IPA before.  It was even in last year's beer calendar!  Worse performances have had encores, I would guess.

Looking just like I remember, bright and shiny golden color and perfect head, at least for a little while.  The sharp pine aroma is immediate and summery.  A whole medley of flavors rolls out on the tongue, from melon to peach to minty pine.  The hops are quite strong and forestal, not so much on the tropical side.  The beer is not overly bitter, however, balancing its components well.  Although it has a very noticeable presence in the mouth it is more of a summer beer, in my opinion.  It goes with warm sidewalks and strolling people, not so much scarves and jackets.  There is a lightness to it that just shouts sunlight.  I guess a lot of people do look for an extra point of brightness while they grump about winter evenings, though, even if they enjoy the Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment