Saturday, August 12, 2017

dice exercise #10

(I'm trying to be less literal with the dice.  I still feel like I took the easy way, though.  Oh well, it was five minutes.)

fire

So that's the way it is, huh?  Leaving me so far away, with no outlet for my feelings.  If only you had given me some contact, some form of technology, then maybe I could have been more at ease.  But no, you just waved me into the airport (didn't even come in with me!) and left me to check in and board all alone.  I should have told you everything, this cosmic connection I feel.  I tell myself that if it's meant to be it'll turn out all right, but opportunity after opportunity goes by and you're never in my daily life.  I ache for you every night in my narrow bed.  I scan the news pages of your town, looking for your name.  I know you'll see my worth if you look.  I know we'll be happy if you make an effort.  I know it, I feel it.  I just need to make you feel it too.  I see plane tickets east are cheap now...

No comments:

Post a Comment