Wednesday, August 2, 2017

devil-iveries

Although I was looking more for stouts, I couldn't resist the label in this Belgian ale.  Too bad it's not closer to Halloween, but if I can have stout every day of the year, I can have devils on my label too.  Triporteur From Hell is a dark ale from B. O. M. Brewery, claimed on the label as the oldest brewery in the world.  Given how much creativity there is in craft beers and Belgian beers, I don't really know what to expect from an infernal special delivery.
I like how approving the angel is back there
A nice, dark brown beer pours out, topped with a beige head that is suitably fluffy.  It's not especially strong-smelling, just a hint of that Belgian tang.  The taste is just what you expect, slightly sweet at first then growing to a stronger, woody sort of flavor.  There are perhaps honey-like notes in it, popping up between the slats of the barrel-aged memories.  It's not as sour as many a Belgian I've had in the past, although those who like that flavor won't be disappointed.  It's still definitely a Belgian beer.  It starts to get a little bit bitter in the aftertaste, just enough to keep it interesting.

Supplier: La Maison Belge
Price: ~€3.40

No comments:

Post a Comment