Saturday, August 26, 2017

bleached

My second acquisition from Be Hoppy was, of course, a stout.  Not your typical stout, however, a white stout.  You might think Crema would come from a Spanish speaking country by the name, but it's English, from Siren Craft Brew.  Just looking at the liquid in the bottle tells you it isn't your normal stout, not being black, but we'll see just how white it is in the glass.  I did have a white chocolate stout months and months ago, and it was definitely lighter than normal.  Kind of like Spatenbock, as I recall.  Crema does have cacao nibs and vanilla, so I expect something more sweet than bitter.

I get a whiff of chocolate, although that might just be the memory of the white chocolate stout of the past.  It is remarkably light to be a stout, but still cloudy.  Nice head, although it does fade quickly.  It's a little bit syrupy, with a heavy sweet taste, nothing like the normal stout bitter.  It is like a good many coffee or chocolate stouts, though.  If I pay close attention, I can pick up a little bit of bitter background in the flavor, just for a moment as the swallow starts.  It barely sticks around, and is easily ignored if you're not into that.  I think it's a little lighter than the white chocolate stout, actually, a tiny bit fruitier.  It's still a beer of weight and note, good for me at any time or place.

Supplier: Be Hoppy
Price: ~€3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment