Tuesday, May 21, 2013

no moon, no jumping

Continuing my sampling to make up for last week, I picked up Left Hand Brewing's Milk Stout.  It had been recommended to me in the past but I hadn't yet had the chance to follow up on it.  Just uncapping the bottle released a sweet chocolate milky smell, and the beer looks to be a promising dark brown while flowing into the glass.  The aroma from the beer itself is darker, earthier than what wafted out of the bottle.  The taste is chocolaty, similar to St. Peter's Cream Stout, which I love.  It has that smooth, familiar chocolate shake feeling in the mouth, and the sweet milk part rounds off all the possible bitter corners from the flavor.  While Old Foghorn was recommended as an end-of-day treat, this milk stout is dessert, dessert, dessert.  Some other dark chocolate would compliment it nicely.
I notice oats are also among the ingredients - dare I start a day with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment