Wednesday, May 22, 2013

and speaking of desserts

I couldn't resist when I saw the name - CHOCOLATE stout.  Plus, the label looks like a party.
So many lights...
It's Brooklyn Brewery, makers of the lager from some time past.  I was expecting a real explosion of sweetness.  And it does have a sweeter smell than other stouts just after opening the bottle.  The beer is properly dark brown as it flows into the glass and the head has a nice beige color.  It also dies down quickly, leaving a glassful of dark, dark stout.  The drink feels smooth at first, but taste goes sour and bitter after a couple of seconds.  At first I was disappointed, but I quickly learned to measure my intake.  A little sip and quick gulp leaves a more chocolaty taste.  This is not a beer to gulp, not by any means, it's something to enjoy over a nice book or a meandering conversation in the evening.  The label itself reveals the elegance it takes to handle it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment