Saturday, January 2, 2016

saint beatnick

That's the name of the beer.  There really isn't a much better title than that.  Definitely seasonal in name and label, although the actual beer could be enjoyed year round.  At least I could enjoy it, I know not everybody is a fan of stout in the summer, but I'll take a black beer anytime, anyplace, and be totally happy about it.  It is a chocolate stout, so at least we can connect it with Advent calendars, although we're done with those by now.  The brewery is Flying Monkeys, which might have some agreement with the shop since their beers are especially promoted and placed and their little ad posters are everywhere.  It's a Canadian beer, though.
What kind of cookies have they been leaving Santa?
I can smell the hearty chocolate as soon as I open the bottle.  There's a little stout bitter in there too, just to make it even more appetizing.  Deep brown color and beige head are perfect, as is the chocolate aroma from the full glass.  Very strong on the chocolate in the taste, a little syrupy for me at first.  There's kind of a stinging sour in the background of it too, but nothing too distracting.  While stout lovers might be disappointed in the low level of bitterness overall, it's a damn fine drink on a dark December, or January, night.
Yep, bottles caps.  That's where I get my advice

Supplier: La Buena Cerveza
Price:€3.44

No comments:

Post a Comment