Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Lament

We were meant to stay together, from the beginning
I was born to have you with me
We should have gone through life always in touch, always in contact
But, maybe I neglected you
I didn't pay attention when I should have
I should have felt your pain
I should have supported you
And now you're gone
I'm left with this gap, this hole
Nothing can fill it like you did
I'm left with a nothingness I can't ignore
Maybe I could fill it in, try to stop up the emptiness
But nothing will be the same now
Nothing will be like it was
All that's left is to say goodbaye

So, goodbye, tooth!
Farewell, molar!
Adios, chomper!
A part of me goes off in pieces
And all that I can say is goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye

Some steel nugget may take your place
But nothing will be the same

No comments:

Post a Comment