Saturday, December 19, 2015

wandering lonely

I wonder if a Longer White Cloud means you're lonelier or more in company.  A good beer is certainly good company, I find, as well as a means to find good company.  I was browsing for more seasonal brews, but I could argue that there are more clouds this time of year, even in this city, so it kind of refers to seasonal weather.  It's also a white cloud, which could represent snow...not that I'll see snow out my window any time soon, probably.  The brewery itself has an evocative name for me too.
A little Christmasy odor slips out immediately when the cap is popped.  I can't tell exactly why it's Christmasy, since it really smells like oranges if I were forced to describe it, but maybe it's just the feeling in the air.  There are also hints of vanilla in it, but once the glass is poured and a bigger sniff taken, the bitter citrus is supreme.  The first taste is bitter too, but quickly followed by a more desserty orange sweetness.  There's nothing especially eye-catching about the beer, although it is perfectly normally lovely in its orange color and fine white head.  The flavor is maintained from beginning to end, with the bitter kick coming first and a sweeter finish.  There might not be any mint, chestnuts, or ginger, but it's an undeniably jolly drink.

Supplier: La Buena Cerveza
Price: €3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment