Saturday, January 16, 2016

crossovers

If anything promotes a beer, it's having people drink it all.  Founders Dirty Bastard, a Scotch ale, was on tap at a place I've been to before.  But, I had started a bit small and when I went for my big girl drink, they were out.  I was assured there would be another keg the next day, but the winds of chance have not blown me back.  So, in the import store's cooler it was sitting in the bottle and I had to snatch the opportunity.
Oh, doesn't everybody have a beer towel?
I think I detect  hint of whiskey in the smell, but it's probably just my imagination; the "Scotch" in the name is having an effect on my expectations.  It's a nice dark brown beer, beige-ish head, a bit bubbly.  The strongest flavor is bitter, but it's a rounded, mellow bitter, with some flashes of light sweetness at the edges.  In fact, I'd almost call it a candy bitter.  It maintains a nice, smooth, laid-back flavor, with a good balance of bitter and sweet that doesn't push one or the other too much.  It's a bit strong at 8.5%, although not the strongest beer you can find these days without looking too hard, but a good conversational beer that keeps words flowing without distracting the tongue.

I guess I'm going to have to make a trip, to see if the draft is as good as the bottle.  Probably better...it'll be just my luck if they're out again by the time I find a minute to go.
It would be just like him, too

Supplier: Taste of America
Price: €4.95

No comments:

Post a Comment