Saturday, January 30, 2016

the weather came too

The bold announcement of Marmalade On Rye couldn't be ignored.  At first I thought it was a fruit beer, Belgian or Scandinavian, but no.  It's from Tempest Brewing, a Scottish brewer that I've come across before, just recently.  It wasn't unimpressive, so why not give this one a go?  An IPA is almost never a bad choice.
Can't have disrespected beer
The beer pours out dark orange, with the head kind of off-white.  There's a definite sweet smell wafting off it, although I don't think marmalade would be my first guess as to its origin.  It reminds me more of typical craft IPAs, with that citrusy sweet they often have.  The taste is different, though.  While the bitterness is there, it's wrapped up in something mellower but not quite sweet.  It could be the orange zest and ginger duking it out.  Maybe a little lighthearted for a foggy, drizzly night, but a definite pick-me-up for steamier evenings.

Supplier: The Beer Garden
Price: €4.50

No comments:

Post a Comment