Saturday, July 10, 2021

summer citrus mix

When summer comes in full force it can influence certain decisions you make.  Like, what kind of refreshment you might take on a shimmery evening.  I was also looking for something reflecting 19th century tastes in beer, which were still fairly soft drink-y, so Sevebrau's Radler was just the perfect fit.  When I took it up to the counter the proprietor said, "You know that's a radler, right?"  How they know me and my heavy, dark tastes.  I reassured her that it had a purpose and off I went with it.

It's a very light color and practically crystal clear.  The lemon is noticeable immediately in the aroma, which is kind of soda-like, but definitely less sugar-backed.  It's more of a natural or organic lemonade scent.  The flavor is right in line with that, very lemon soda-y, although a grainy lager taste comes through almost in the aftertaste.  It's very light feeling, clean as befitting the appearance, and while the flavor is identifiable and not weak at all, it isn't overwhelming in any way.  It's a very relaxing drink, one that goes quite well with temperatures that we get warned about on the weather apps.  It also has a traditional sort of feel, something that doesn't have to try too hard to be noticed, like many German lagers have.  Years ago I tried one of Seve's early lagers and commented that it was a real reminder of those lagers in Germany.  He was pleased to hear it.  I think he'd be pleased to hear that the Radler continues that tradition.

Supplier: Birra Y Paz

Price: €3.25

No comments:

Post a Comment