Saturday, July 31, 2021

fluttery

I decided I would ask for guidance in my most representative of craft beers, and as expected I came away with an IPA.  Not just any IPA, though, a DDH oat IPA!  Sexy Sadie is the product of a collaboration between La Quince and Subterfuge Records, a new one on me.  I have come across beers made in honor of bands or other art related things before, so it's not really a surprise.  I was actually worried that sours were going to take over from IPAs in popularity, but it sounds like the available variety may be protecting its status as premier craft beer. 

Very cloudy and orangey straw colored, good whiff of IPA citrus.  Not overly abundant head, but clean and bright looking.  Very much like a NEIPA, fruity and juicy.  Despite the cloudiness, it's a very smooth beer, I kind of assume it's due to the oats.  It's not an especially heavy mouthful although it does make itself noticed.  The background of bitterness gets more upfront over time, although the primary flavor is still the citrus with a touch of sweet.

Supplier: La Buena Cerveza

Price:€5.90

No comments:

Post a Comment