Saturday, July 3, 2021

i invite you to depart

More learning afoot and beers to match...more or less.  It's not super hard to find loopholes, as you know if you've seen Beermas.  Something that represents old tastes in the peninsula?  Well, Belgian styles obviously, sour or table beer of you're going ancient.  It would probably be more fitting to not have beer at all, seeing as it was hardly a beverage of the people until quite recently, so cider, sherry, and of course wine would be appropriate.  But, I like my beer!  So, Nah I'mma Stay Belgian Wit it is.  It is a Spanish beer at least, coming from La Textil in Barcelona.  Maybe I should have gone for Dougall's as a representative of Cantabria.  Oh well, there's always next time.

A surprising color, but very appetizing since I love my red fruits.  Dry and slightly sour aroma, like a lot of fruit beers.  Flowery and hardly sweet at all, also much less sour than I was expecting.  Tiny kick at the end, but it's mostly smooth and almost yogurty.  There's no big change if you let the beer warm up a bit, it might feel a little bit stickier.  But, the flavor remains light and refreshing, with very natural touches of plantiness.  Although not super bubbly, my impression is mostly that of an organic soda, unsweetened, rather than any style of beer.  It's enough for me for a summer evening in an oven of a city.

Supplier: La Buena Cerveza

Price: €3.30

No comments:

Post a Comment