Saturday, February 15, 2020

ah, memories

Yeah, when I saw that label I knew that beer was coming home with me.  It's a happy coincidence that it's a Baltic Porter to boot, but Naparbier's Horse Rider could have been anything and that punny image would have been worth it.  I don't know if the reverse centaur riding on a regular centaur would have been funnier...nah, probably not.  This is just the right WTF when you look at it.  It's also a little fitting for me after V day, since it reminds me to do things I love so I can love myself.  All love starts with the self, really.  And who wouldn't love riding off on a horse like that?
Yeeee-hah!
It's just perfect looking in the glass, all dark and heavy, like liquid pudding.  The pudding part is only enhanced by the aroma, slightly sweet, chocolatey, but with a little bitter kick.  So a dark chocolate pudding, I guess.  It's more nutty and smokey than I expected, but definitely thick and mouth-filling.  While the typical coffee is clear in the background, I am pleased not to find the hint of licorice that has been so common.  It's a very solid and regular beer, maintaining the flavor profile and weight throughout the glass.  While sometimes it's fun to have some discoveries in the middle of a bottle, it's also quite nice to have something you enjoy be the same kind of enjoyable from start to finish.  Just a simple good porter, here.

Supplier: Birra y Paz
Price: €4.50

No comments:

Post a Comment