Saturday, July 7, 2018

it's be crazy not to try

I had my drink at the store last week, but I took some souvenirs home with me too.  You know how it is, just can't stop yourself from picking up something good.  3 Mono's American PsychoPie has the look of a twisted experiment, one that might never be repeated, so you better try it while you can.  It's a hoppy fruit sour ale, so there's more heat-fighting drinks to be had here.  Actually, evenings aren't so bad now, but they might be getting worse again soon.  Makes me miss February.
Face of a winner, that's for sure
Well, look who else is here
There's that old IPA smell, bitterly citrus-like.  The color is very light, however, just shade of yellow more than clear practically.  The fruity sweetness also bubbles up easily in the aroma, although it's alarmingly similar to some cleaning products.  The taste is quite the contrast with the smell, being much more sour and ending with a bitter rumble down the throat.  I can't put my finger on what fruit is involved in this beer, and it's not specified on the label.  Based on the name, sour cherry?  Maybe sour apple?  It might be apple, since even sour cherries might have a bigger sweet kick to them.  It has a pretty nice clean taste, not leaving much behind to fiddle with the palate. 
Supplier: La Tienda De La Cerveza
Price: €3.15

No comments:

Post a Comment