Sunday, June 4, 2017

all day, every day


I expect this float to be sweeter than the barleywine concoction, even though All Day is a tongue squeezer itself.  On the other hand, mango isn't always as sweet as it is tangy, so maybe my expectations are off again.  What I certainly don't expect is something I don't like at all.  It looks like the mango ice cream is more malleable than the vanilla, so it comes out pretty quickly.  No spoon this time, though.  The ice cream seems to kill off the foam, and give the All Day a darker color than it normally has.  A quick stir with the pastry brings back some bubbles.  The scoops of mango ice cream look like egg yolks, floating helplessly in the drink.  There's a very identifiable citrus taste, which is probably due entirely to the beer, but it's also a little fruitier than normal.  I can only assume that's the mango.  The pastry still adds that sugar when you take a bite, which enhances the bitterness.  As I got the the bottom, I saw that actual bits of mango were sitting on the bottom of the glass.  Presumably they came from the ice cream, I don't think those were added separately.  I pondered getting the porter-chocolate, since the day is threatening rain, but I had already decided on that All Day mango!  Heart set on it!  I have the rest of the week for that last one (maybe they'll have even more if they switch the beers up too).

No comments:

Post a Comment