Saturday, May 6, 2017

green like spring

Various things conspired to occupy my time, and I had to resort to picking up a beer at the supermarket.  Fortunately, as I've mentioned before, there are a couple of places nearby with a reasonable beer stock.  Days are warm and sunny right now, so a light beer seems like the thing.  Sagra's Burro Sancho line has an eye catchingly green label, and the price is right.
Spring - da da!
It's bubbly, clear colored, distinctly lacking in head.  More like a cider in appearance than a beer.  The smell is pretty beery, though.  I was steeling myself for something lagery, but the aroma is more of a light craft ale.  The taste is lagery at first, however.  Not very strong, but mild more than weak.  There's a bit of sweetness, but that dissolves into a more bitter and typical beer flavor.  It's the kind of beer that goes with things, and probably anything you like.  It's a mild enough taste that sweet, salty or spicy foods wouldn't feel drowned out, while the beer itself would remain refreshing.  The label insists there's a floral quality, but I'm not tasting it.  Quite honestly, I don't miss perfume with my beer, though.  There's always Valverde for that.

Supplier: Carrefour
Price: €1.59

No comments:

Post a Comment