Saturday, May 13, 2017

another outing

It's getting to be bright, sunny afternoons after rainy, haily ones and sometimes you just can't help but feel like spending some time out of the house.  Even remarkable homebodies like me.  I have things to do tonight that put me in the street, so maybe I'll just kill three birds with one trip.  I stop at Toast Tavern to see what's brewing and they have a summery selection of ales and lagers, with one Founder's on the wall.  It's the Scotch ale, which is a little heavy for my taste just now.  There are several IPAs, and one that I don't recognize.  Who doesn't like a surprise?  It's OPO 74 Gyroscope, from Portugal as it turns out.
Gyroscope has the look of many a craft IPA, with a rather orange color.  It's not as aromatic as some, but that doesn't stop it from having a fine, bold taste.  The flavor is bluntly bitter, rolling over the tongue and down the throat without a second thought.  While there is a hint of citrus, it's not as strong as with a majority of craft ales, probably to the liking of many who find that overwhelming.  The aftertaste has that touch of sweetness that a lot of crafts do, though.  The beer is constant from start to finish, remaining refreshing and smooth.  It's a good start to my Saturday brain bashing.

Supplier: OPO 74, Toast Tavern
Price: €5.50/pint


No comments:

Post a Comment