Saturday, April 1, 2017

foreshadowing?

It would be great if I was going to spend August somewhere else.  It would be great if I knew I was going already.  Well, patience, I guess.  In the meantime, a friend was in that place I hope to go and brought me back a souvenir.  Krakonoš is a historic brewery, with well over four centuries behind it.  This bottle is the pilsner style, typical of its country of origins.  I was warned it would be on the bitter side, but as a regular craft IPA drinker, I don't think that's going to be a problem for me.
The Jolly Green Giant's drunk uncle?
There's some extreme head going on, over a clear, straw yellow beer.  There's a touch of sour in the smell, intriguing for a Central European lager.  The taste is bitter-sweet, alternating between the two, but at the same time fruity.  I think of apples.  It's a smooth and unassuming beer, perhaps a little lighter than I normally like.  Still, it's a good choice for conversation and debate, being easy drinking and undemanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment